Monday, July 6, 2015

Lean Cuisine's Spaghetti with Meat Sauce - Deal of the Day

I can heartily recommend this latest Deal of the Day. It's nothing fancy or unusual, just spaghetti in a tomato sauce with ground beef and mushrooms. I am a fan of Lean Cuisine and they have a simply delicious one with their Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.

Click on any photo to see larger.

At eleven and a half ounces, this is a filling work lunch entree. And it's loaded. There is plenty of spaghetti and meat sauce.


There are just a few mushroom pieces, but they are thickly sliced.


I especially liked the thick and chunky tomato sauce. It has a nice hint of herbs and the tomato sauce is mildly sweet with real pieces of tomato.


The beef ground meat hits the spot as there are plenty of large pieces throughout. It's a generous serving.


Cheese is listed in the ingredients, but it's a pretty minimal flavor. And the weak link is the spaghetti. As with most frozen Italian frozen pasta dishes, microwaving leaves the noodles overcooked and slightly mushy.

I like my spaghetti al dente, with a slight chewiness. I guess Lean Cuisine is going for the middle of the road here. While a flaw, the other flavorful ingredients save the day.


Sometimes I like a simple meal with a minimum of ingredients. This one fits the bill, deliciously.


So on my cheap$kate dining scale of 1 to 9, 9 being best, I give Lean Cuisine's Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, an 8! This is a great Deal of the Day I stock up on when it shows up at my local 99c only Store.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...