Saturday, August 22, 2020

On The Road - Road Tripping into the Outer Limits.

On the way back to Los Angeles from Gypsum, Colorado my girlfriend and I made a few scenic stops at Arches and Zion National Parks. Even if you detour for a drive-thru you will be amazed and awe-struck and it's worth every minute even if you just stop for a photo op or two.

When you're on the road you gotta stretch your legs sometime. You never know what you'll find at a truck stop or what adventure may await you! 


Sometimes I need a bag of chips for a blast of salt and greasy thin-sliced fried potatoes. And at one very peculiar truck stop, just outside Zion National Park, I picked up a Scorpion Lollipop!


Jackass Joe's, or if you Yelp them, Papa Joe's Stop & Go, is an out-of-this-world gas station and convenience store just off Interstate  70 at the US 191 exit in Crescent Junction, Utah. Do stop there if you can -- we did, and what an unbelievable experience we had!


Now you can blame my slideshow adventure on getting too much sun or the Scorpion Sucker from Jackass Joe's...take your pick.

The bright green murals plastered all over the building are literally out of this world with spaceships and aliens. 



I didn't know that Utah is a hotbed of alien sightings and encounters...and I can't argue with that after our own encounter. Well, seeing is believing and I'm a convert and you may be too after you watch my slideshow? 



Jackass Joe's is a visual delight and way out there just the way I like it. Well, you may not believe in aliens and this place is a bit tasteless but I couldn't resist its pull.


Of course, I posed for the camera and Linda and I took a few pictures -- well, from there things really took off, so buckle your seat belt and take a toke, or a sip from your fave Happy Hour beverage and check out my story below.  

Road Tripping into the Outer Limits - Slideshow Story

1 comment:

B. Keene said...

Oh,Billy you ever disappoint me.Good one !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...