Ingredients (makes a dozen)
- 1 dozen 99.99 cent eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1 tbsp. yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seed or dried celery leaf
- 2 tbsp. sweet relish or capers (drain liquid)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar 99.99 cent whole marinated hot peppers - 2 red hot peppers for each deviled egg
Boil eggs for about 10 minutes. Remove and cool in refrigerator. Shell eggs and slice lengthwise. Add yolks, mayo, mustard, celery seed, relish, salt and pepper and mix with a fork or a food processor until creamy (add more mayo a little at a time if too dry). Spoon egg mixture into egg white shells and refrigerate for an hour. Rinse and pat dry marinated hot peppers then add 2 devil horn red hot peppers per deviled egg. When you want some heat, use coke spoon sized devil horn to scoop out egg mixture.
*When handling hot peppers make sure to wash your hands with soap afterward and do not rub eyes! Your fingers are like hot match sticks!