Monday, June 19, 2017

Oyster Mushrooms in Butter - Video Recipe

Simplicity is sometimes best as my latest cheap$kate recipe video will show. Oyster Mushrooms Sauteed in Butter - that's all the ingredients you need.


I chose oyster mushrooms because they showed up at my local 99c only Stores. I could have added them to a hot soup of 25 cent per package ramen with veggies and topped with a boiled egg; or added them to a medley of button mushrooms for an earthy Mushroom Soup (like I did in this recipe, here.) But they don't show up cheaply very often so I just wanted to enjoy them sauteed in butter.

 Click on any photo to see larger.

I used salted butter so seasoning was reduced to just black pepper - and even that is optional. But do use plenty of butter, I used a fat slice of about a tablespoon to saute 5.5 ounces of mushrooms. You can keep the recipe vegan and use favorite tasty vegetable, seed or nut oils like: virgin olive, avocado, coconut, peanut, grapeseed, walnut, etc.


I used to find regular packages of real butter at my local 99c only Store, but now I get single sticks of butter from my local Dollar Tree.

The oyster mushrooms I got came in a sealed package and in one large root segment. I split the mushrooms into smaller segments for easier sauteing. You only need to cook them until soft and tender - just a couple of minutes on each side.


 Most types of mushrooms can be sauteed in butter. I've done it with brown crimini, white button and portabella mushrooms. And they are all on sale at my local
99c only Store and Latin grocery.




These Oyster Mushrooms Sauteed in Butter can be served right out of the frying pan, or add them warm to a fresh green salad. They can also go into your favorite pasta dish.

When you find mushrooms on sale then give them a quick saute in butter for a decadent dish, and you don't have to wait for that special occasion lobster to get out the butter!

Oyster Mushrooms Sauteed in Butter - Video

Play it here. Video runs 43 seconds.

 My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Ingredients (1 to 2 servings)
  • Fresh mushrooms - about 5.5 ounces. I cooked with oyster mushrooms, but okay to use regular button mushrooms or any favorite you find.
  • Butter - about 1 tablespoon. I used salted butter. Okay to add more or less to taste. For vegetarian recipe use any tasty veggie oil or vegan butter you like.
  • Salt and pepper - optional. I did not season this recipe because of the salted butter.

Directions
Prepare mushrooms. If there is dirt then brush or scrape it off. Discard dried or old stems from any mushroom.

Slice or break apart mushrooms into bite sizes. You can leave whole, smaller button mushrooms.


Add butter to a medium heated pan. When butter is melted then add mushrooms and stir to coat them.


Depending on size of mushrooms you can saute each side for a couple minutes each, until soft and slightly browned. Saute about 3-5 minutes total.

Saute time will depend on the temperature of the frying pan and thickness of mushrooms. A quick saute is what you want - best not to overcook mushrooms.

Serve warm is best.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...