Monday, May 24, 2010

Restaurant Nocturnes - Video Part 2

The 99 Cent Chef continues his art/photo & eatery series with Restaurant Nocturnes Part 2. Hitting the streets at night, I take you from Highland Park's Huarache Azteca, for a $2 huarache (a homemade corn-masa flatbread topped with meat, cheese, cilantro, onion and salsa), to possibly the most expensive sushi banquet in L.A. (a three-hour experience at $350 - not including drinks and tip) at world-reknowned, reservations only, Urasawa on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.

Each 10-15 second film clip is accompanied by an audio clip (of special note is when I ask an Urasawa hostess "How fresh is the fish, here?" She almost burst out laughing!)

You'll get a kick out of my tasty photo series in which I combine the offbeat and the serious in approaching Los Angeles's restaurant scene. I like to mix it up: the contrast of wine bar Lou with the laundromat next door in a Hollywood mini-mall; and the sight of guitar-wielding mariachis entering Mexican gourmet seafood restaurant La Serenata De Garibaldi in Boyle Heights.



I breeze through 25 restaurants in just over five minutes -- I'm sure you will find something that suits your discriminating palate! Locals will recognize some of these, and you out-of-towners can feast your eyes on the variety of L.A. eateries.

If you ever visit us here, be sure to refer to (and click on) my restaurant list at the end of this post - which takes you to each website link (or a restaurant review) in order of appearance, and to my original twitpic post.

This series is ongoing, and I've shot 100 restaurants (and counting), so look out for more Nocturnes in the near future. You can see the latest photos of where I've been by visiting my twitpic link: just click here.

Bon appetit, and I hope to see you at our unique dining establishments!

Restaurant Nocturnes - Video

Play it here.
The video runs 5 minutes 7 seconds.

You can see Restaurant Nocturnes Part 1 by clicking here.

Restaurants in order of appearance - click on text to see the website (or review), and my original twitpic link.

1. In-N-Out Burger - twitpic 2. Jar - twitpic
5. Cole's - twitpic 6. Forage - twitpic
9. Osteria Mama - twitpic 10. Zankou Chicken - twitpic
13. Chego! - twitpic 14. Miceli's - twitpic
17. Ford's Filling Station - twitpic 18. The Apple Pan - twitpic
21. Father's Office - twitpic 22. Hatfield's - twitpic
25. El Cid - twitpic

To view or embed from youtube, click here.

99 thanks to the restaurant owners, managers, hosts, chefs, waiters, bartenders, busboys and patrons.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...