Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 2 to 3 pound package of pork shoulder ribs
- 1 large (28 oz.) can of diced green chiles
- 1 cup of white wine - okay to use favorite broth, or just plain water
- 1/2 onion & bell pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
While sauteing onion, bell pepper and garlic trim fat from ribs. Add cup of wine, pork and can of diced green chiles. Liquid should be no more than 3/4 of the way to the top, if too full reserve liquid until later and add to pan as sauce is reduced. Bring to a boil, then move to a 350 degree oven to bake for 3 to 4 hours, uncovered. Meat will easily fall apart when done. The pork will brown nicely when cooked uncovered in the oven. Skim off fat and serve with 99 cent black or pinto beans and rice on the side.