Saturday, May 23, 2015

Recipes from the Man Cave - Manifesto

In my Man Cave I control the TV remote, in my Man Cave the kitchen is cluttered, and finally, in my Man Cave I do the cooking -- my way. Read on for the rest of my Man Cave Cuisine Manifesto.

Of course, women are welcome, just don't touch anything. I mean, everything is in it's place, no matter how disorganized it may appear. Us guys have our own way of finding stuff. When we use something, we just drop it when done, that way it will be there next time we need it!

When my wife enters the Man Cave she must leave her diet recipes behind in the cupboard. Man Cave Cuisine is not for the faint of palate. Arteries may attract plaque because many entrees are deep fried. When I cook chicken, the skin will be left on. If a beef steak is ribbed in fat, it will not be trimmed off. I will cook with lots of butter, too. (But don't worry, I often come out and make healthy cuisine... for my wife.)

Fried Chicken

Kitchen utensils are kept to a minimum. A set of measuring spoons is not necessary, as long as I have regular cutlery like a teaspoon and a tablespoon. A stained coffee cup is my measuring goblet for large ingredient amounts. There is always beer in the refrigerator. And a kitchen towel may do double duty for working on cars.

Once settled in my Man Cave the only time I will leave is to turn a burger on the patio grill. When food falls to the floor, it will be picked up and brushed off. Expiration dates stamped on packages of food in the refrigerator are no longer enforced - it will keep as long as it doesn't smell.

Now what comprises Man Cave Cuisine? Meat and potatoes mainly. They are sauteed, roasted or grilled. BBQ Pulled Pork, Ribs, Carnitas, Carne Asada and Fried Chicken are some meaty Man Cave specialties.

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich

Beans make a frequent appearance, too and they are best cooked with beef or bacon. Of course it's easy enough to make vegetarian versions. Get your legume on with Texas-style Pinto Beans (topping with Frito Chips optional,) Soul Food-style Black-eyed Peas, Homemade Chili Beans, Cajun Red Beans & Rice, Mexican Charro Beans, and Beanie Weenies.


Bacon is considered a food group. You won't find many desserts. If you see the color green it will likely be a dried herb or a veggie that's cooked for hours, like:


All International cuisines are welcome in my Man Cave kitchen, especially Latin and Italian recipes: Meatball Sub and Pasta alla Carbonara, check; Cuban-style Roast Pork with Black Beans and Fried Plantains, double check!

Cuban-style Roast Pork

Actually, Man Cave Cuisine is for everybody, when taken in moderation. Anyone can make it, too - as qualifiers, the ingredients list and preparation is uncomplicated. You don't need to be in a Man Cave kitchen to follow my recipe directions, either.

So do check back for my new recipe series, direct from my messy and underlit Man Cave.

2 comments:

Dorothy Darker said...

It did not take long for things to go in this direction since I have been gone!
(Wifey, coming home soon)

99 Cent Chef said...

You're welcome to visit Man Cave anytime...xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...