Saturday, September 12, 2015

Breakfast in Honolulu - Hawai'i Travelogue, 2 Videos

These short clips set the table for how I start the day while on vacation. I always do a "Breakfast in "fill in the location here" video. It's usually a single-take camera move, with a bunch of food items local to the area. And later, I sync up an audio collage underneath the video.The audio can be any informative and fun sound bites I've collected all during the trip.


You gotta have volcanic, mineral-rich, Hawai'i  Kona Coffee to start the day, along with the best local fresh fruit -- and a ripe papaya is featured here. Also, Hawaii's favorite grab-and-go, Spam Musubi, is shown in outrageous closeup. I became a fan of Spam Musubi on this trip. In my shot is a breakfast musubi stacked with bacon, egg, spam and sticky rice wrapped in dried seaweed! It shouldn't work, but it does...deliciously.


Make sure to come back to my blog when I review the premier eatery for Spam Musubi called the Musubi Cafe. How does a Bacon, Egg and Spam Musubi rate on The 99 Cent Chef's Cheap$kate Dining Scale of 1 to 9, 9 being best? And as a bonus the plain Egg Musubi is reviewed by my wife - will it be Wife Approved?

While shooting Breakfast in Waikiki, I literally noticed clouds in my coffee when I rehearsed the camera move. Wow, it's Carly Simon's song "You're So Vain" with the lyric "I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee..." a literal interpretation visualized.

So after I shot the Breakfast in Waikiki camera move, I got out my Canon still camera and shot "Clouds in my Coffee" in time lapse. It took about about 10 minutes for the clouds to move through the reflective liquid surface of my coffee cup. In the final version I speeded up the footage from 10 minutes to 17 seconds.

Here's the short Clouds in My Coffee video:



There is plenty more in store for you, so checkout my latest tasty Hawai'i Travelogue video, and make sure to come back for seconds and thirds!

Breakfast in Honolulu - VIDEO

Play it here, video runs 1 minute, 11 seconds.

Breakfast in Honolulu YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Clouds in my Coffee YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

To see other Hawaii Travelogue blog posts with video, photos, text & GIFs, just click on any link below:
Visit to O'ahu, Hawai'i - intro 
Windward Shore & Keneke Grill

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...