Monday, April 29, 2019

Kiwi & Yogurt Recipe

Fresh fruit and yogurt go well together in my latest recipe video,  Kiwi and Yogurt.


Pre-mixed yogurt with fruit is too sweet for me. It is easy enough to slice and peel kiwi to mix into yogurt. You can even leave the fuzzy kiwi skin on if you like. It takes some getting used to, but it's not bad, really.


Anytime I find fruit on sale at my local 99c only Store, I immediately think of a light breakfast. My most common homemade yogurt with fruit uses: strawberries, pineapple, mango, blackberries or blueberries.






As for yogurt I just use plain. Vanilla and other flavors are usually too strong and often have sugar too. But if you like a certain type on sale then use it.



Sometime an unusual brand will show up like this creamy French-style yogurt called "oui" made by Yoplait. It was so good I got half a dozen jars. They also had a lemon-flavored that held up well with the addition of sliced kiwi.


As with any new find at a 99c only Store, I will try it in the car parking lot, and if it's good then I will go back and get a whole bunch more. I've learned you gotta be impulsive there or it may be gone an hour later -- snooze you lose!

So do check out my latest stop-motion animated video. There's really nothing to this recipe and anyone can make it. Sometimes less is more, for a perfectly delicious recipe.


Kiwi & Yogurt - Video

Play it here. video runs 49 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

2 comments:

GailsBlog said...

Oui is my FAVORITE yogurt! We pay $1.50 here, so I rarely get it.

99 Cent Chef said...

Me too, I like it the best, doesn't show up here lately, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...