Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Mediterranean-Style Chicken Bowl - Deal of the Day Review

An almost overwhelming mashup of intense flavors makes my latest Deal of the Day a tasty one.SMARTMADE Mediterranean-Style Chicken Bowl by Smart Ones is a loaded with flavor. 

And I have to give it up to my local 99c only Store for this tasty budget frozen bowl. And it's quick to microwave.

Frozen and Zapped

At first bite, you are hit with sour notes of white feta cheese nuggets. But tiny bland grain pearls of quinoa cut the feta cheese intensity. And the quinoa pearls are cooked just right -- I liked you could feel the pleasing texture.

There are a lot of veggies too, including dried tomato, red bell pepper, chickpeas, onion, and artichoke. Most of the veggies are a bit too pulverized, except for whole chickpeas.

The chickpeas are a welcome addition and I liked that they were large and not overcooked to mushiness. 

 I would have liked larger shreds of kale, slivers of red bell pepper, and chunks of artichoke. While hard to distinguish, those veggie pieces make a tasty blend.

A light sauce is flavored with tomato, it's intense due to fire-roasted tomato, but not overpowering.

Real strips of chicken breast are included, and I counted about 3 to 4 chunks. While not a generous portion, it was enough for a small meal. The chicken breast pieces were cooked just right, not too tough or overcooked.

I like meals by Smart Ones even if they are on the small size at 9 ounces, but they more than make that up for that shortcoming in deliciousness. It's still a great deal even if you have to pay full price at a regular grocery store.

Click on any photo to see larger.

Well, I think you can figure out how SMARTMADE Mediterranean-Style Chicken Bowl by Smart Ones rate on my Cheap$kate Dining Scale of 1 to 9, 9 being best. While small in serving size this Deal of the Day is big on flavors, so it scores a perfect 9 !


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...