Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas & New Year Recipes - Compilation

Your holiday present from The 99 Cent Chef is this post, where I compile my various videos, appetizers, entrees, and desserts you can use over the next week of Christmas and New Year's Day festivities. Just watch the embedded videos or click on underlined, bold-lettered recipes to see my culinary penny-pinching holiday party ideas. And don't worry, I can keep a secret -- I won't tell any of your revelers that they are dining on cheap, but tasty, 99 Cent Chef cuisine!

Let's start with appetizers. Nothing gets a gathering off to the right start like creative finger food.
Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Genoa Salami is a decadent and delicious kickoff. Want to go even cheaper? Try toasting some sliced French rolls and chop a can of drained black olives for Black Olive Tapenade with Crostinis. Carrots are the cheapest vegetable and Orange Honey Glazed Carrots are toothpick-ready. Party healthy and ethnic with my Armenian and Thai Salad; or get your controversy on and serve The Chef's politically charged Cesar Chavez Salad. Devilish Deviled Eggs are spicy and a platter of Mini-Banana Puddings sweet, along with Cranberry, Orange & Coconut Cookies.

Ever cook in a wig? This may be your last chance in 2009 to don one for a sure-fire flammable party hit - Crepes Suzette. OK, you may be too shy, and your Julia Child accent weak -- well, then just gather your friends around the computer screen and bathe in the warm glow of my Julia Child Crepes Suzette Video - where this bejeweled and coiffed Chef channels the original Top Chef, Julia Child. Another festive holiday favorite of note is my Eggnog Recipe & Tipsy Tree Trimming Video. I take you step-by-step through the making of a homemade egg nog; then join in as I attempt to trim the tree after one egg nog too many! Another party beverage is my revolutionary rum drink video for a 99 Cent Mojito.

Eggnog Recipe and A Tipsy Tree Trimming - Video
Play it here. The video runs 5 minutes 19 seconds.

Let's get substantial.
A hearty and colorful Roasted Pumpkin With Pasta is a great way to take advantage of seasonal squash sales. Leftover turkey? How about serving it as a topping for my Pita Pizza Party recipe (pairs well with a beshamel cream sauce). My Stuffing Cupcakes With Cranberry Frosting served with gravy will give your guests plenty to talk about. This week whole chicken, is on sale, and my Pollo en Mente Chicken (mint chicken) recipe is an unusually fragrant spin on typical holiday roasted poultry fare; or sex-up your bird with my Russ Meyer Lemon Chicken recipe. And Swedish Meatballs are tiny, scrumptious, and warmly inviting in a group gathering.

The 99 Cent Chef wishes all his visitors a great holiday & New Year!


4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Thanks chef. I check your blog daily but don't comment often... Wanted to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and let you know I enjoy your blog.

Kristy said...

I read all the time...try things all the time...always happy to visit and get some great cheap recipes. But this...this was the best thing I've seen all through this Christmas season..thanks! Merry Christnog and a Happy Cheap New Year! Thanks for entertaining me for free. Free is good.

www.shishnit.org

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear Chef, for being my decadent no-need-for-guilt pleasure, my budgetary inspiration, and my source of wonderful info on places to visit around Los Angeles! I think you're awesome. Here's wishing you and yours an amazing 2010.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the links! I am getting my New Year recipe here in your blog!
dining table

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...