Friday, July 6, 2018

National Fried Chicken Day - Recipes & Reviews

As far as I'm concerned, every day is Fried Chicken Day!
I know Fried Chicken, so keep on reading for all my recipes and eatery reviews on this auspicious day, today. And click on any highlighted recipe name to see my original blogpost for the recipe with all the yummy photos and delish recipe text. Mark July 6th on your calendar and my recipes in your internet bookmark folder.

Let's cut to the chase, here's my recipe for Fried Chicken. The recipe is for boneless dark meat, that goes into a sandwich. And you can use my seasoned flour coating mix for whole chicken pieces, too. So check it out:



Yum, that is a tasty Fried Chicken Sandwich, you should soon try.

Not every purveyor of poultry hits it out of the ballpark. World famous Top Chef Ludo Lefebvre stepped into the food truck trend with his Ludo Truck. I tried it a few years ago and was disappointed. Maybe he has tweaked the recipe since then. If he has I would give it another try.

Well, see for yourself below, and if you try it sometime let me know what you think.



If you want Fried Chicken done right, go no further and Popeye's and KFC.

I turned my neighbor, Nuno, on to Popeye's Fried Chicken one Tuesday - when they have a 2 piece special. I like it spicy. In my video below, Nuno and I try it out in my backyard patio.



Los Angeles has a slew of soul food-style Fried Chicken joints. One is favored by rappers, actors, football and basketball players, who come from all over, to visit Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in Hollywood. I can recommend it too. I shot the place for one of my arty Restaurant Nocturne subjects. It is just too good of a place not to include in any top fried poultry listing in town. You get a feel for the place as the  maître d' describes his fave meal.



When I want a quick fix, I hit up KFC's drive thru for a Fried Chicken Snacker that's so good it can cause a freeway pileup. Well, watch my cautionary Public Service Announcement video to see what I mean!



My local favorite is Dinah's Family Restaurant. The chicken is lightly breaded and so juicy.

It comes with a side of macaroni salad or coleslaw, and a boring dinner roll. It's a simple and humble meal I always enjoy.


Mmmm...Fried Chicken Tenders. Click here to see my recipe. Your kiddies will like them served at their next neighborhood birthday party!


My Chicken Parmesan recipe is built around a breaded and fried chicken fillet. I don't pound the hell out of my fillet, as most recipes recommend - it can dry out too easily. But, pound away if you are a purist.


I'll leave you with a sour taste in my mouth, Trump Orange Chicken. I don't get political very often, but our Troll-in-Chief is just too good of a target to pass up. This sickly sweet recipe has a fat fried nugget covered in an orange (fake tan) sauce, just like the President!


Bon Appétit !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...