Thursday, March 21, 2019

Scrambled Eggs & Mushrooms - Video Recipe

It's the Golden Age of cheap fungi and I'm taking advantage of it especially in the morning, with my earthy and pungent Scrambled Eggs and Mushrooms.


All kinds of small packages of fresh mushrooms have been showing up in my local 99c only Stores. Everything from shitake to portabella, and oyster to regular white or brown button.

Baby Bella Crimini & White Button

Champignon

Oyster & Portabella Mushrooms

I mainly like to cook them one way, sauteed for a few minutes in butter. So tender and woodsy in flavor with a slightly salty/sweet rich buttery taste. I will inhale sauteed mushrooms in butter on their own, like scooping peanut butter from a jar.



I like Cheese and Mushroom Omelets like this, but for ease and quickness I'll saute mushrooms in butter and go right to adding a couple eggs for a scramble. It's a no fuss, no muss way to start the day.

And use your favorite scrambled eggs recipe. Do you whip the eggs first or just crack them right into an oiled pan? Do you like a splash of milk in your whipped eggs, too? Hey, go for any way you like it.


You can use any packaged mushrooms on sale, or if none are available discounted, then buy 2 or 3 loose button mushrooms per scramble - that's all you'll need for my cheap$kate recipe.

Click on any photo to see larger.

I've been picking up 8-packs of medium size eggs at my local Dollar Tree lately. For this recipe I use 3 eggs per Mushroom Scramble. Of course it's okay to make a quickie one or two egg scramble.

My Scrambled Eggs and Mushrooms recipe is simply delicious and I know you will return to this recipe often....once you give it a go.

Scrambled Eggs & Mushrooms - VIDEO

Play it here, video runs 1 minute 47 seconds

 My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.


Ingredients (1 serving)
2-3 eggs - I used 3 medium sized eggs for this recipe, but okay to use as little or as many as you like.
2-4 button mushrooms - sliced. Amount of mushroom is up to you. Okay to use any type of favorite mushroom.
Butter or cooking oil - about a tablespoon total. Just enough to saute mushroom and scramble eggs.
Salt and pepper to taste - If I use salted butter, then all I add is a little black pepper.

Directions
Brush off dirt on mushrooms, if needed. Slice or break apart mushrooms into bite-sizes so they will cook faster and evenly.



Add mushrooms to a heated pan with butter or oil. Saute until mushrooms are soft, about 3-5 minutes.

Add a little more butter or oil if necessary, before you mix in eggs.


Make an egg scramble any way you like. You can blend raw eggs in a bowl, or just crack eggs right into sauteed mushrooms.


Scramble eggs to desired doneness. Depending on heat of pan, it takes a couple of minutes, or so.


DIG IN!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...