Thursday, November 7, 2019

Deal of the Day - Del Monte Fresh Guac

Fresh Guac - Authernic Style Guacamole! Well, that's what's on the cardboard band that covers the plastic bin I got at my local 99c only Store's cold deli case. I had high hopes for my latest Deal of the Day as the listed ingredients are all-natural.


And when I dipped a spoon into the gloopy Del Monte Fresh Guac there were real avocado chunks. The other ingredients are onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, and salt. Oh and so much lime juice that the fresh Guac is ruined to my taste buds.


It is a pity as this Guacamole is mostly creamy avocado. Maybe the avocado choice by Del Monte is deficient in flavor? I suspect it 's just too much lime juice. And I do like lime -- you could put this in the blender and make a green lime smoothie if you like.

Maybe a lot of lime juice is needed to keep the green color, as no preservatives are listed in the ingredients? Or it's just a poorly mixed batch of Guac? Should I give it another try if it cheaply shows up again?

Click on any photo to see larger.

I tried it with tortilla chips and again all I could taste was lime juice in a green paste.

I guess in a pinch this would work, but as I live in Los Angeles and fresh avocados are cheap enough to make your own Guacamole anytime -- so my party guests would have to be pretty buzzed to enjoy this Del Monte Fresh Guac.

Well you know on my Cheap$kate Dining Scale of 1 to 9, 9 being best, this Guac just doesn't cut it. So I give Del Monte Fresh Guac a lowly 3!

The appearance and texture is there, just the avocado flavor is not, and what is left is an overwhelming taste of lime.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it very good flavor...with family of three can't keep enough on hand

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...