Friday, March 27, 2020

My Street Corner Mini-Mall During Convid-19

I am fortunate to have almost everything I need nosh-wise within walking distance of my condo in Los Angeles. I can shop for food and get takeout, too. Keep scrolling and I'll take you on a tour.


 At the intersection of  La Brea Avenue and Obama Boulevard in Balwin Hills is my local Mini-Mall that's taking precautions against the pandemic Convid-19 virus.

Click on any photo to see larger.

Mini-Mall is perfect for shopping in these contagious times. It's easy to keep your distance from each other until you enter a business. When window shopping you can peer in and see how crowded the store may be.


I walk off the sidewalk along the car parking slots. Since there is little traffic it's safe enough.



Of course it sad to see local hair and beauty salons shuttered.

It's not a great time to try on clothing either. 

It's best to have an online presence these days.

Hmmm, haven't needed these services yet...knock on wood.

More customers are wearing face masks.

The mini-mall Market and liquor store has customer limits.  

When I cut through the parking lot behind the Mini-Mall, I spotted this produce van in back unloading veggies. I joked with the delivery guy about his company name. He says alot of others are taking pictures of the van, too.


It turns out that "Corona" is the owner's name, also it means "crown" in Spanish.


I'm doing a series on ordering "To Go" at various local eateries during my walks and short drives around town. My neighborhood Mini-Mall has a few that need our support.

I always order my Subway sandwich to go anyway. My fave is the 6-inch Meatball Sandwich. I get it heated on JalapeƱo Cheese Bread and topped with melty provolone cheese, spinach, red onion, tomato, black olives and believe it or not, crunchy cucumber slices...so good.

One of the most popular restaurants in the Mini-Mall is CJ's Cafe. They serve breakfast and lunch only.


When I have stayovers and relatives visiting L.A. we usually end up here for a hearty breakfast or a Mexican lunch.


I can walk to my local Mini-Mall and will continue to support the business there during the Coronavirus. Do be careful out there and keep your distance!



1 comment:

B. Keene said...

That is pretty much how it is here. They just closed the parks and walking bridge here this weekend. Take out only and necessary outings. Hunkered down !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...