my local 99c only Store, and was surprised how good it tasted. Canned or packaged salmon is almost always stocked.
This entree is quick and easy to assemble. Just boil water for the pasta and by the time the pasta is al dente, the cream and salmon sauce is ready.
The advantage of sometimes cooking with only canned or packaged ingredients is the convenience - my Pasta with Salmon & Cream is the kind of dish you can make at the last minute, almost anytime.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- Small can or packet of cooked salmon - 4 to 7 ounces.
- 1 cup (half pint) of cream, half & half or whole milk.
- 1/2 package (about 8 ounces) of pasta - any favorite.
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic - fresh or from jar.
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese - fresh or dried.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oil
Add chopped garlic to hot oil in large saute pan. Stir and cook for a minute, and be careful not to burn. Pour in cream or milk. Add dried parmesan and mix well. Heat to a low simmer for about 5 - 7 minutes, continue stirring.
Add canned or packaged salmon. Break apart salmon but leave chunky. In some canned salmon there is often a center bone you may want to pick out and remove.
I've noticed that when you store Pasta with Salmon & Cream leftovers, the pasta soaks up all of the sauce. So if you microwave it later, just add a tablespoon of milk or cream.