Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Fried Egg Sandwich - Breakfast Recipe

When I'm lazy in the morning and coffee is working too slow, I don't want to think about breakfast too much so I'll make a Fried Egg Sandwich

Just get the egg to frying, pop some bread in the toaster and get out the mayo. Sometimes I'll stop there...that's enough for an Egg Sandwich. If I have a tomato then I'll slice off some and if I have lettuce then that's added too. You can make your own Egg Sandwich any way you like.

Lately, eggs have come up in price, I used to get a dozen for 99 cents, but now at my local Dollar Tree I get  6 to 8 eggs for a buck -- still a great deal. They're one of the cheapest ingredients to start your day. 

Lately, I fry my eggs so the sandwich can be a bit messy with yolk spilling out, but I do like it that way as a raw semi-cooked yolk is quite yummy. It's okay to scramble an egg if you like it that way. 

If you have a grocer bakery look for day-old bread. My Ralphs grocers have a "bargain bin" and I'm always on the lookout for bread deals. 

I've got everything from grainy Mill Bread to pungent Marble Rye. If they have a nice sourdough or wheat, then I'll get that - mix it up I say!

Now it's not fresh so it doesn't hold up to just slicing it for a sandwich, usually day-old bread is not soft, so I always toast the bread. Day-old bread holds up really well as toast - you can't tell the difference between fresh and day-old bread when toasted.

It's okay to use any favorite bread you find on sale or regular price.

I like mayo on my Egg Sandwich. I still get mayonnaise cheaply at my local  Dollar Tree. I can get tomatoes and lettuce cheap enough.

Start your day with my Fried Egg Sandwich -- it's so good and goes down perfectly with coffee.

Fried Egg Sandwich - Video           Play it here, the video runs 1 minute, 32 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Ingredients

  • 1 egg - fried or scrambled to your taste. 
  • 2 slices of bread - I like to toast mine. Okay to use bagel, croissant, or any favorite bread you like and find on sale.
  • Tomato slices - I like cherry tomatoes too.
  • Lettuce leaf - spinach is a tasty addition.
  • Veggie oil for frying egg.
  • Salt and pepper to taste - for the fried or scrambled egg.

Directions

You know how to fry an egg right? I heat the pan, add some oil and break the egg into the pan.

I don't move the egg at all. I just let it cook until the whites are solid, usually about 3 minutes, depending on the heat of the frying pan. 

If you like your yolks semi-done then break the yolk and it will cook that way.

It's okay to scramble the egg as well if that's how you like it. It's always best to cook the egg the way you like it.

When the egg is halfway done, I'll start toasting the bread. I'll also slice the tomato and wash off the lettuce leaf. 

When the egg is done and the bread is toasted then assemble the sandwich. As I mentioned above I like mayo on my sandwich, it's okay to add any condiment you like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...