Sunday, September 11, 2022

Raspberry Pancakes - Video Recipe

Have a very berry breakfast with my latest fruit-laden pancake concoction. Nothing to it really just mix up your fave pancake batter and layout raspberries on a hot grill then finally pour on the batter. My easy Raspberry Pancake recipe pops with sweet and sour fruity flavor.

Raspberries are the most tender fruit. It's soft but loaded with tiny seeds. The juice is sweet with a tart aftertaste.

These days in Los Angeles I can get a 6-ounce plastic pack of fresh Raspberries in my local 99c only Store quite often. You could use frozen berries, but they will be mushy. Frozen raspberries are yummy in smoothies or stirred into yogurt. I also add them to oatmeal just before serving, if you mix them in too early they will dissolve completely - I mean dissolved is okay but I like the sweet/sour pop in a bite.

No special tricks to this recipe, I just add fresh Raspberries to a lightly oiled heating pan and pour on pancake batter. 

For the pancake batter, I use a commercial brand. If you have a homemade recipe then use it. I can get a large box of dry pancake batter at my local 99c only Store or Dollar Tree. Regular grocery stores sell it cheap enough, too.


My recipe is the easiest and quickest thing to make and starting the day with fresh fruit is a big tasty plus.

Check out how I make a cheap$kate breakfast of Raspberry Pancakes.

Raspberry Pancakes - Video
Play it here, video runs 1 minute, 39 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Ingredients (2 servings, using a pancake mix)
  • 1 cup pancake mix - any favorite
  • 3/4 cup water - okay to use milk for a richer pancake batter.
  • Raspberries - a handful. Okay to substitute with any fresh seasonal fruit like blueberry, peach, apricot, strawberry, and even sliced banana or canned fruit like pineapple.
  • 1 tablespoon of cooking oil - to grease the skillet. Add more when needed, depending on how many pancakes you make.
  • Butter and favorite pancake syrup - add as much as you like.



Directions
Prepare pancake batter according to package directions. My pancake mix calls for 1 cup of flour and 3/4 cup of water.


Mix pancake ingredients in a bowl. When mixed it will be like thick country gravy. Start to heat the pan over medium/low heat.


I like to place fruit down on the pan first so it is in direct contact with the skillet for a little caramelization. You want to pour batter against the Raspberries so they stick to the pancake when you flip it. 


Since Raspberries are so delicate it's also okay to mix them into the batter so they will hold their shape and not semi-dissolve away.


Follow the Pancake mixing and cooking directions. The box directions below mention cooking time to brown each side as 1.5 minutes each....hmmm, they must be using a super hot pan!


If you want a dark brown pancake presentation, then just cook one side to get the right amount of brown, then cook the other side for a minute, to finish. Serve browned side up, on the plate.



I serve hot with melted butter and my favorite pancake syrup.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...