Sunday, March 6, 2022

National Oreo Cookie Day

 Oreo is the best-selling cookie brand in the U.S.A. and I loved them as a kid and I still do. I get mine in 2 or 4 Packs at my local Dollar Tree for $1.25. I invite you to celebrate National Oreo Cookie Day with me.

I like these cookies of crunchy sweetness in small packages, I mean at my age eating half a normal-sized package of 30 is a bit much (the cookie count continues to drop from 45 to 30.)

While the crème filling is super-sweet, the chocolate cookie is dry and almost bitter, it's a great combination that is attractive to all ages. 

The first Nabisco Oreo consisting of two cookies with a crème filling was introduced in New York City on March 6, 1912. They were originally called Oreo Biscuits. 

The original crème center was made with animal lard, but now the filling is partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, so it's vegan (if you're a stickler it is said that there is a bit of dairy cross-contamination at the factory.) The other main ingredients are sugar, flour, and cocoa.

I enjoy how Nabisco continues to introduce different configurations of the Oreo that suits the time. They seem to have fun with their brand, always tweaking the filling colors and packaging for the holidays, special events, and passing fads -- and why the heck not? 

I especially like the Oreo Halloween skull design, totally kool. 


I like the Oreo Halloween Pumpkin design, too.

I like the Oreo Olympics cookie so I picked up a few packages during its last winter run.

All the colorful fillings taste the same, but there are editions with wild flavors you can read about here. I'll be on the lookout for any of them from now on.

Check back next year to see new editions of Oreo Cookies I find.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...