Friday, August 4, 2023

Scrambled Eggs with Caramelized Onions - Video Recipe

This delicious breakfast scramble takes a bit of time, but it is well worth it. Caramelized Onions and Scrambled Eggs are a killer combination especially served on a chewy toasted bagel.

I like caramelized onions but they do take about 10 minutes of sauteing to reach that sweet and tender savory stage. When you chop the onion into small pieces they caramelize faster. I usually saute extra sliced or chopped onion to use another day. 

Scrambled eggs are quick and easy enough to make. You can blend the eggs first or just add them to the caramelized onions and go for it. 

Onions are about the cheapest veggie. I get mine from my local Latin Superior Grocers, almost any grocery store sells them for less than a buck per pound. 

Just last year my local Dollar Tree carried 6 eggs for $1.25. Eggs have gone up in price, but are still a decent deal. This year I have not seen Dollar Tree eggs yet, hopefully, they will return soon?

I buy Bagels at my local Ralphs Grocer in the bakery bargain bin. You can use any type of bagel. I like mine toasted. 

 Try my Scrambled Eggs with Caramelized Onions sometime. It does take some time to make Caramelized Onions but this delicious breakfast recipe is worth it. 

Scrambled Eggs with Caramelized Onions - VIDEO               Play it here. The video runs 1 minute, 56 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 Onion - chopped
  • 2 Eggs - scrambled any way you like.
  • 1 Bagel - I like mine toasted
  • 1 Tablespoon Oil - for sauteing onion and eggs
  • Salt and Pepper to taste.

Directions

Roughly chop or slice one-half of an onion. 

Over medium heat add oil and saute onions until caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. {You might as well saute a whole sliced or chopped onion and save the extra caramelized onions for a scramble another day.}

Toast bagels (if you like) while scrambling eggs and caramelized onions. 

When onions are soft and browned, add two eggs and scramble. Scramble the eggs any way you like.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve eggs and caramelized onions on a bagel. I like an open-faced sandwich. It's okay to make a regular sandwich. 

I find bagels are a bit chewy so any loose filling will often squeeze out. It's just easier to eat piled on half a bagel.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...