Friday, October 7, 2022

Croissant with Scrambled Eggs Sandwich - Video Recipe

I prefer a heated plain Croissant with coffee in the morning. When I have them in bed it is a flakey affair. I usually have the L.A. Times newspaper laid out underneath my chin to catch the crumbs. 

Lately, I quick-scramble an egg or two and place the scrambled eggs between a heated and sliced Croissant. It's a delicious way to start the day and so easy to do, if you have Croissants at your local grocery store or favorite bakery then you can make my Croissant with Scrambled Eggs, too. 

And I get Croissants cheaply from my local Ralphs supermarket bargain bin. They may be a few days old, but because I like them warm they reheat to an almost fresh state, flakey on the outside and buttery soft on the inside. Since I get a great deal there is no reason to make my own Croissants from scratch...maybe one day I'll give it a shot. 

I like to buy a bag or two at a time as they freeze and defrost fine.

  

I still get eggs at my local Dollar Tree. I can get them anywhere from six eggs to a dozen per carton for a buck twenty-five (last year they cost a buck.) 

Usually associated with the French, Croissants originated in mid-1800s Austria. The pastry is layered with butter so you get a puffy and airy interior with a hard flakey brown exterior.  

While not the same by any means, Flakey Biscuits in the can/cardboard roll give you a rough idea if you have never had a Croissant.

You can purchase Croissants filled with chocolate, feta cheese and spinach, along with many other sweets and savories. 

Croissants are now featured on breakfast menus, even in fast food joints like Jack in the Box with their Supreme Croissant with scrambled eggs, cheese, ham, and bacon and they are pretty tasty, too. 

I'll slice the Croissant lengthwise while they are at room temperature or when chilled. They may be too soft to slice when heated through.

I reheat the Croissant on the stovetop in a pan for a minute on each side. A toaster or tabletop toaster oven works quite well, too. If I am heating up a few Croissants then I will heat them in a regular oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or so - they don't need to brown anymore, just heat through - so check on them frequently just in case - warm to the touch is enough. Of course, they are delicious at room temperature. 

I like my Croissants warm and plain, but lately, I've been making stuffed Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches. Check out my Scrambled Egg Croissant Sandwich video below. Nothing to it really just scrambled eggs anyway you like, then load them into a sliced-open Croissant.

Check back for my next Breakfast Croissant recipe video, where I add cheese on top of the scrambled eggs. Again, nothing to this simply delicious breakfast sandwich, it's so quick and easy to do! 

   Croissant with Scrambled Eggs Sandwich - Video                Play it here, video runs 2 minutes, 19 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

Ingredients

  • 1 Croissant
  • 1 or 2 Eggs -  It's up to you how many eggs for a Breakfast Croissant Sandwich.
  •  1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil - for scrambling eggs.
*Since Croissants are so buttery I don't add any oil or butter to the heating grill. I've found they will not stick to a pan. 

Directions

Slice open a Croissant. You can slice all the way through or just enough to add the scrambled egg.

Scramble an egg or two any way you like. Lately, I just add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and scramble eggs. You can mix eggs in a bowl first if you like. 

I stir eggs the whole time until firm, but slightly moist. 

Place sliced Croissant on a heating grill or frying pan. Remove scrambled eggs and add them to the sliced-open Croissant. 

Close the Croissant and heat each side for about one minute, or until Croissant is warm to the touch. You are not browning the Croissant Sandwich, just heating it through. 

You can also heat the Croissant (slice lengthwise first) in a toaster or tabletop toaster oven. You do need to watch it closely as it is easy to burn the Croissant.  

You can also preheat the Croissant. You can serve the Breakfast Sandwich without heating the Croissant if it is freshly baked or not too many days old.

Again, you can fill the Croissant with one or two scrambled eggs -- it's up to you depending on how hungry you are, and if the eggs are small or extra-large ones.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...